CERTIFIED QUALITY SEAL
This seal guarantees that the Chia seed is grown under the highest safety and purity standards, in harmony with the environment, ensuring a safe, high quality nutritional product for ou and your family is an ISO 9001: 2000 Certified Company, that carefully selects its seed under GAP, HACCP. GMP quality Standards.
The “NSRI quality seal” means Certified Quality at each step of the Production Process:
1- GROWING CHIA SEED (AGRICULTURAL PROCESSES): GAP (Good Agricultural Practices) EUREPGAP STANDARDS.
A minimum detrimental environmental impact of farming operations,
The reduction of chemical interventions
A responsible approach to workers’ health and safety.
Traceability, which means that an early warning systemis in place ensuring detection and appropriate action when the crop does not reach minimum high quality standards. Every lot is identified and followed up from the source (growing stage) to the end of production (final product ready for consumption).
2- CLEANING AND SELECTION PROCESS (MANUFACTURING
PROCESS) AND WAREHOUSING.
- HACCP Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points: This Control System is a systematic and preventive approach to food safety (rather than finished product inspection) that allows identification of food safety hazards in order to control “key” actions in the process, reducing or eliminating risk.
- GMP Good Manufacturing Practice: This certification ensures controlled management of the manufacturing processes and quality control testing. Traceability and, if necessary, recall of damaged products are also enabled by this control.
3- ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management Systems:
- Orients corporate activities towards achievement of customer satisfaction through consistent products and services, which meet or exceed customer expectations. Key business processes are covered by a set of procedures that are constantly evaluated. Through records and appropriate corrective and preventive actions, the ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System ensures effectiveness and continuous improvement.
Certification of Standards:
RvA (Raad voor Accreditatie, from Netherlands
- ANAB (ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board, from the US)
- IAF (International Accreditation Forum)
IMPORTANT TO CONSIDER:
Third party certified auditors ensure objectivity at every stage of the certification process (It being either EuropGAP, or HACCP, or GMP, or ISO 9001).
EurepGAP - recently changed to “GLOBALGAP”, HACCP, GMP and ISO 9001 are global standards also accepted and known as such in the US market place.
These certifications are granted by international accreditation bodies such as the RvA (Raad voor Accreditatie, from Netherlands, in the case of the ISO 9001 ). Both RvA and ANAB (ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board, from the US) are members of the IAF (International Accreditation Forum). Therefore, RvA and ANAB mutually recognize their accreditations.